Red date tea 红枣茶 (hóngzǎo chá) is a naturally warming beverage suitable for those who are overworked or lack sleep, women who have recently given birth or after menstruation, people who have recently had surgery, and people with anemia.
Red dates 红枣 are known to promote heart health, replenish red blood cells, as they are a great source of iron—perfect for women following menstruation.
Goji berries 杞子 are high in antioxidants and fiber, protecting against cell degeneration bringing balance to this classic tea.
White fungus 雪耳 contains high levels of collagen. In traditional Chinese medicine it is widely regarded as a beauty secret for bright radiant skin.
The best part? All of these ingredients are available at Foodnet!
-sugar to taste
-if you can, soak the dried red dates in water overnight (if not, then soak for 2-3 hours at least)
-soak the dried white fungus 2 hours prior (there is a tough part on the bottom side of the fungus that needs to be cut out later)
-soak goji berries 1 hour prior
1. Remove the dried ingredients you soaked in water.
2. Cut out the stiff part from the white fungus and throw it away. Then cut the white fungus into quarters.
3. Bring a pot of water to a boil.
4. Once boiling, add in the red dates. Allow to simmer for 15 minutes.
5. After simmering for 15 minutes, add in the goji berries, white fungus, and sweetener of your choice.
6. Simmer for 15 more minutes, then remove from heat.
Serve immediately. The best time to drink your red date tea is after dinner before bed.
Alternatively red date tea can be served as a refreshing cold drink during the day.